please assist with assignments
CJ 112 Module Three Journal Guidelines and Rubric
Now that you’ve reviewed the resources about the court system, you are familiar with the four purposes of punishment: deterrence, incapacitation, retribution, and rehabilitation. In this 350- to 500-word journal entry, address the following:
- Prioritize these four purposes of punishment.
- In your personal opinion, which of the four purposes do you think is the most important? The least? Rank them.
- Explain where capital punishment fits into your prioritization.
- How does capital punishment fit into each purpose? For example, how does capital punishment fit into the purpose of deterrence? Explain.
- Explain your opinion on capital punishment using the four purposes as a foundation.
- How does each purpose you have prioritized align to your personal opinion on capital punishment?
- Do the purposes align perfectly, or are there misalignment? For example, if you indicated incapacitation as your highest priority, how does capital punishment align to this purpose?
- In either case (alignment or misalignment), why do you think this is?
Specifically, the following rubric criteria must be addressed:
- Prioritize the four purposes of punishment.
- Explain where capital punishment fits into this prioritization.
- Explain your personal opinion of capital punishment and its alignment to your prioritization of the purposes.
Include scholarly references to support your opinions and conclusions.
What to Submit
This assignment should be 350–500 words in length. Any references must be cited in APA format. Consult the
Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.
Note: For journal assignments, you can receive a Proficient, Needs Improvement, or Not Evident score on each of your rubric criteria. There is no Exemplary score for this assignment because you will receive feedback and make revisions to improve beyond proficiency in these concepts.
Module Three Journal Rubric
|Criteria||Proficient (100%)||Needs Improvement (85%)||Not Evident (0%)||Value|
|Articulation of Response||Clearly conveys meaning with correct grammar, sentence structure, and spelling||Shows progress toward proficiency, but with errors in grammar, sentence structure, and spelling||Submission has critical errors in grammar, sentence structure, and spelling||15|
|Prioritization||Prioritizes the four purposes of punishment||N/A||Does not attempt criterion||20|
|Capital Punishment’s Fit||Explains where capital punishment fits into this prioritization||Shows progress toward proficiency, but with errors or omissions||Does not attempt criterion||30|
|Personal Opinion||Explains personal opinion of capital punishment and its alignment to prioritization of the purposes||Shows progress toward proficiency, but with errors or omissions||Does not attempt criterion||30|
|Citation/ Attributions||Uses citations for ideas requiring attribution, with consistent minor errors||Uses citations for ideas requiring attribution, with major errors||Does not use citations for ideas requiring attribution||5|