Analyze organizational practices as they relate to union-related and labor relations laws.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are the Chief HR Officer of a large network of hospitals. You were informed that the cafeteria workers at all of the hospitals in this network, who are currently not unionized, are preparing to take a vote next month on whether or not to unionize as a group. The CEO of the hospital network has asked you to brief him on what a “yes” vote by these employees to unionize would mean for the organization. The CEO of the hospital network has specifically asked you to prepare an executive summary describing how the organization would have to change to respond to a shift to unionized employees in the cafeterias.
Conduct research and prepare an executive summary for the CEO that:
- Details the most likely reasons why employee groups consider unionizing.
- Discuss the response choices open to hospital administration if the employees do unionize (work with unionized employees or outsource/contract the roles to a third-party provider) and rationale for each.
- Highlights critical components of NLRA and LMRA that would guide the hospital administration’s response to a vote to unionize by these employees.
- Provides recommendations on how to communicate and engage with union representatives.
- Identifies potential risks to other employees, patients, or visitors inherent in negotiation breakdowns (i.e., picketing, strikes, & work stoppages).
- Provides attribution for credible sources used in the executive summary. Sources must be properly documented according to APA guidelines.
- Business Source Complete via EBSCO
- Business via ProQuest
- ASP: Human Resource Management Online
- Guides & FAQs:
- Executive Summary FAQ
- APA Guide
2 questions related to the assignment
1) Which big questions about this competency remain for you?
2) How do you think this competency may connect to others in this course?
Deliverable 2 Guidance
Teacher Explanations please follow them below
· Introduction should be clear
· Just make sure the Essay is full of information but no minimum pages
· The paragraph should be minimum 5-6 sentences
· Please try to eliminate Quote
· Use only Scholarly journal articles
· Use only Textbook
· No Websites please
· Use Academic Essay and APA 7edition
· So summary , It’s to discuss Unionization
1. Why People Join Union Reps
2. How to communicate with union Reps
3. Some important laws that govern union
4. What happens in communication breakdown
Use your Research to elaborate: All of these go in order:
· What are the management right
· What are the critical component of the NLRA and the LMRA
· Provide an overview of the NLRA and you’re going to include all of the key Component
· No GOOGLE OR Chat GPT for them
Focus on the right under this Act will be important for the important employer
Use this Hints:
1. What does this Act State? That is unfair for union to do. Hint Hint Hint
2. What this Act abolish in terms of a common practice clothes shop arrangement, That was some amendment of NLRA
3. So don’t forget the big part of :
· Collective Bargaining process
· How the communicate?
· How the contract is drafted?
· The contract has to be administered to the employee
· Labor relation as being part of how the communicate and what that mean but all through the collective bargaining process