- Discuss the concept of degrees of freedom in the context of t-tests and their significance for making accurate statistical inferences. How do degrees of freedom differ between z-tests and t-tests?
- In recent news, there has been debate about the effects of screen time on childrens cognitive development. Choose a specific cognitive outcome measure (e.g., attention, memory, executive function) and write a research question for a one-sample t-test study to investigate whether the average score of a group on that measure differs significantly from a well-established normative population means. Be sure to specify the:
- Dependent variable
- Relevant population (Sample)
- Predetermined value (which can be hypothetical)
Complete the following readings from your textbook, Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences:
- Chapter 8: Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
- Chapter 9: Introduction to the t Statistic