Examine human services values, ethics, and attitudes and their application in practice.
Demonstrate integrity through the application of relevant codes of conduct and social responsibility within one’s profession.
Professional and personal values are important to decision-making. Therefore, during this assignment, you will share your core values and discuss their link to service delivery and social responsibility. In addition, you will examine the ethical principles among other professions, which will further reinforce the importance of values.
Please be sure to address all of the following in your assignment:
- Identify your top three core values and discuss why they are your top three.
- Discuss how the personal and professional values in the human services profession instruct (or impact) effective service delivery in both positive and negative ways.
- Analyze the expectations for social responsibility included in the NOHS Ethical Standards, either explicitly or implicitly.
- Compare and contrast these professional values with those of at least one other profession (law, medicine, etc.).
- Use specific examples to discuss the impact of these values on services provided to the clientele of each profession discussed.