Write a 1-2 page executive summary of your presentation, plus a 3-5 page paper where you will synthesize the functions of the master’s-prepared health care administrator, including role, responsibilities, and priorities. You will also need to touch on all major components of a health care administrator, such as, but not limited to, human resources, finance, information technology, regulatory topics, and leadership.
For this assignment, you will focus on the following six duties from the What Medical and Health Services Managers Do
Links to an external site. page of the Occupational Outlook Handbook website:
- Improve efficiency and quality in delivering healthcare services
- Develop departmental goals and objectives
- Ensure that the facility in which they work is up to date on laws and regulations and in compliance.
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff members
- Manage the finances of the facility, such as patient fees and billing
- Create work schedules
Your executive summary and paper must include all the elements listed below, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion in the scoring guide to see how your work will be assessed:
- Provide an executive summary of a health care administrator’s job responsibilities.
- Outline at least six specific functions of a health care administrator.
- Describe successful leadership traits for the six identified health care administrator functions.
- Analyze current health care challenges confronting health care administration professionals.
- Summarize the knowledge and skills necessary for health care leaders to succeed for the next 10 years.
- Use at least three quality academic references.
- Use Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library.
- Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Meet requirements for clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting.
- On the executive summary, provide a cover page with your name, the course number and course title, your professor’s name, the university’s name, and the date.
- Include a 1-2 page executive summary of your presentation, after the cover page and before the assignment.
- Work should be typed, double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font, with one-inch margins on all sides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Synthesize the functions of the master’s-prepared health care administrator, including role, responsibilities, and priorities.