The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate an understanding how to write a persuasive essay and the application of APA 7th ed. guidelines.
You will develop a five-paragraph style persuasive essay on the case study. Choose from either of these two sides to persuade the reader:
• The incoming commander should have made higher leadership aware of the poor command of Captain Sunny.
• The incoming commander made the right decision to not report Captain Sunny.
A Company with No Commander Case Study
Google Scholar https://scholar.google.com
APA 7th ed. https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/
Persuasive Essay Lesson and Writing Fundamentals PowerPoint
How to Check for Errors
Following the APA 7th ed.
• a MS Word document (
• include a Title page and Reference page (DO NOT include an abstract or author note)
• address the topic above
• include introduction and conclusion paragraphs
• must be a maximum of
• Ensure you use Times New Roman, 12-point font and the current APA writing style (
• Your essay should be typed, double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″) with 1″ margins on all sides.
• follow all rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation (run a spelling and grammar check before submission)
• include ONLY one reference and in-text citation, properly formatted.
2. Upload and submit your essay for grading in blackboard by clicking on the Essay Submission link.
3. Your essay will be evaluated on the expectations listed above, the assignment rubric, and lesson material (review the Persuasive Essay lesson, Writing Fundamentals PowerPoint, and assignment rubric before you start your essay).