Quality Management Analysis
Your Furniture company’s chief competitor has recently made the news due to experiencing a rising trend in customer complaints regarding the quality of its dining room tables over the last year. The chief operating officer (COO) wants to avoid her company experiencing the same issue because this would risk the company’s ability to take over the #1 position in the market against this competitor.
The COO directs the operations management team to review quality management methods and tools to determine their effectiveness in preventing quality management problems and propose a quality management strategy (method and tools) to prevent its operations from experiencing quality problems with its furniture products.
- Introduce the reader to the concept of quality management models and tools and their use in managing the quality of an operation.
- Examine the given three quality management models and tools below, including how each model and tool contributes to effectively preventing an operation from experiencing quality management problems:
- Quality management models:
- Total quality management (TQM)
- Quality management tools:
- Flow charts
- Check sheets
- Pareto analysis
- Scatter diagrams
- Control charts
- Cause-and-effect diagrams
- Run charts
- Quality management models:
- Formulate a proposed quality management strategy (1 model and 1 or more tools) that can help prevent the company’s operations from experiencing quality problems with its furniture products, including how the operations management functions (marketing and sales, finance, and operations) collaborate to implement the quality management strategy.
- The conclusion should summarize key points from the research methods and sampling analysis discussed above.
Deliverable Requirements: The Quality Management Analysis should be 5 pages in length. Be sure to cite sources using APA properly; include references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.