NSG 3300 – Conc of Pathophys for Nsg
Case Study Analysis 1
Please be sure your assignment submissions meet both criteria:
1. The TurnitIn score is no higher than 25%; and
2. No amount of plagiarism can be present.
If the TurnitIn score for your submitted assignment is greater than 25%, your assignment will automatically undergo an Academic Integrity review.
Please be sure your assignments meet both criteria: TurnitIn score of no higher than 25%
and no instances of plagiarism.
As part of APA formatting, this assignment requires Level 1 headings for each of the main sections of the paper. The Introduction section is the only section for which there should be no Level 1 heading. Please use the topic headings as stated in the assignment rubric as the Level 1 headings for the assignment. For more information about section headings, please view the following APA Style resource:
· Review the case study scenario below and the client’s family history and medical profile information from unit 1.
· Next, write a 6-8-page paper analysis of the client (including title and reference page) according to the assignment specifications, outline, and grading rubric.
Case Study 1 Scenario:
Client, Sarah Collins, has chronic kidney disease. She receives dialysis twice a week. Today when Mrs. Collins arrives at the dialysis clinic, the nurse assesses Mrs. Collins and notes her blood pressure is 145/90 mm Hg and she has gained three pounds since her last visit. Mrs. Collins tells the nurse she was trying earlier to walk to her mailbox at the end of the driveway and couldn’t because she was out of breath. Mrs. Collins’ husband and 16-year-old grandson are at the clinic with her.
Case Study Analysis Assignment Outline:
The case study analysis paper should include the following sections with responses and rationales for all the prompts.
Introduction (3-5 paragraphs)
Provide an overview of the pathophysiology of the disease exhibited by the client. Include:
· What additional assessment findings would you look for?
· What lab abnormalities would you expect to see?
· What diagnostics would you anticipate the healthcare team ordering?
· Provide a rationale for your answers.
Implications for Self-Care (2 paragraphs)
· Consider Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and describe where the client falls in that hierarchy and how this will impact care and healing.
· How does this disease process impact the client’s and/or their care provider’s ability to care for themselves?
Patient Education Strategy (2-3 paragraphs)
· Identify 3-5 appropriate nursing interventions and teaching points for your client based on the pathophysiology and assessment findings.
· Describe the educational strategies that should be incorporated when building a plan of care for your client.
· Support with rationale.
Interdisciplinary Collaboration (2-3 paragraphs)
· Identify 2-4 interdisciplinary team members who need to be included in the care of the client. Include rationale.
· Consider the care the client will need while inpatient and upon discharge.
· Consider nutrition, community services, and financial implications.
· Summarize the key concepts of this disease process and client case study scenario.
· A minimum of three references should be used in this paper.
· References should be no more than five years old.
Exceptions include seminal works, such as original publications by nurse theorists.
· One reference must be your textbook, (Banasik, J. L. (2022). Pathophysiology (7th ed.). Elsevier. ISBN-13: 9780323761550)
· One reference must be from a peer-reviewed journal,
· One reference must be from an authoritative website such as the CDC, NIH or Healthy People 2030.
· Name the paper with a File Naming Protocol: When you save the paper, name it: Valdes_NSG 3300_CaseStudyAnalysis_1.docx
· Paper reflects clinical and professional client/cases, and no references to personal or family issues.
· All papers should be written in APA formatting. This paper should include:
· Formal components, such as a title page, and APA formatting with an introductory and conclusion paragraph that summarizes the key concepts
· APA margin, font, and paragraph spacing
· Include page numbers
· Appropriate in-text reference citations
· A reference page, in correct APA format