For this assignment, review the basic concepts of argument as discussed by Oswald et al. (2022); persuasion as discussed in Schachter (2021) or Nijssen et al. (2023); or Sadamali Jayawardena, Traichon, Quach, Razzaq, & Behl, (2023); and propaganda discussed in Trimble (2021). Make sure you are clear on the distinction between argument, persuasion, and propaganda.
Once you have finished reviewing the background materials, think about the communication you share with others during your time spent at work and home. People communicate through a variety of modes and methods, such as social media, telephone, email, sign language, and face-to-face conversations. After reviewing some communication examples online or in person, write a 2- to 3-page paper, which means not less than 2 full pages, with a minimum of two scholarly sources (citing and referencing) addressing the following questions:
1. Describe a communication example that you have seen that is best described as propaganda (Trimble, 2021). In addition to describing the communication, explain why you think this was propaganda rather than argumentation (Oswald, et al., 2022) or persuasion (Schachter, 2021; Nijssen et al., 2023).
2. Now, find a communication example that you think is a good example of argumentation (Oswald, et al., 2022).
3. Next, find a communication example that is best defined as persuasion and best fits the concepts of persuasion discussed in Schachter (2021) or Nijssen et al. (2023). Explain why you think this communication best fits the definition of persuasion rather than propaganda (Trimble, 2021) or argumentation (Oswald, et al., 2022).
4. Last, determine which of the three examples you think best influenced someone. Explain why you selected that example.
5. What would you change about the two examples you did not select in Question 4?
· SLP assignments are to be prepared in Microsoft Word and should be 2 to 3 pages in addition to a cover page (course name and number, module number, session name, student name, and date prepared) and reference list (double-spaced, 12-pt. type, Times New Roman font) with a 3- to 4-sentence introduction, a body that contains a properly formatted heading and discussion for each of the 3 questions, and a 3- to 4-sentence conclusion. Use Trident University International’s cover page. Present the reference list page in APA format, current edition, using 2 scholarly references (high-quality journal articles or textbooks).
· Assignment content should include a brief introduction to the assignment, background information about the organization being studied, and discussion in terms of the concepts or theories being applied in the assignment.
· Use headings and subheadings to improve presentation values.
· Include both a
References page and in-text citations. Attention is to be given to citing sources of information in-text as well as in the
References page at the end of the paper.