READ THE BROOKES DISSERTATION THAT IS PUT IN THE FILES BELOW!!!
Read the Brookes dissertation Mitigating Privilege Escalation (linked in Resources).
Note: This assignment is the first component of your course project.
For this assignment, create your topic definition for your thesis project:
- Analyze additional existing system and application security literature and provide context for an analysis of system and application security protection mechanisms for an organization.
- Identify a research problem in system and application security for your thesis project.
- Develop a research topic that is narrow enough for a thorough investigation within the size limitations of your project.
- Summarize the purpose and scope of a research project, methods used, and questions addressed.
The content of your assignment should be organized as follows:
- Research topic.
- Research problem.
- Research problem background.
- Research questions.
Your topic definition statement should:
- Identify key constructs or theoretical foundation.
- Identify key relationships among the constructs.
- Identify the target population.
- Be supported with current peer-reviewed references (from the last 5 to 7 years).
- Include citations and references formatted according to current APA style and format.
- Indicate the purpose and scope of the project. It can also indicate the methods you will use and questions you hope to address.
- Identify gaps in knowledge in the literature.
Your paper should demonstrate critical-thinking skills, be written in a clear, concise, and direct style, and provide a well-supported analysis using appropriately formatted references.