Title: Rheumatoid Arthritis
Chamberlain University College of Nursing
Course Number: Course Name
Name of Instructor
Assignment Due Date
Title of Your Paper in Upper and Lower Case
[Introduction of Disease: 1 paragraph ~200 words. Include disease description. Include epidemiology of disease.]
Etiology and Risk Factors
[Include common causes of the disease or condition. Include risk factors for the disease or condition. Include impact of age. Include prevalence based on gender. Include the influence of the environment. Include the genetic basis of the disease. Include lifestyle influences. All information supported by current literature.]
[Describe changes occurring at the cellular, tissue, and/or organ level that contribute to the disease process. Describe the adaptation of the cells and body in response to the disease. Relate disease processes to manifested signs and symptoms.]
Clinical Manifestations and Complications
[Describe the physical signs and symptoms that are important in considering the presence of the disease. Identify signs that contribute to the diagnosis of the condition. Identify symptoms that contribute to the diagnosis of the condition. Identify complications of the disease. Discuss the implications to the patient when complications are left untreated.]
[Include a list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests used to determine the presence of the disease. Discuss the significance of test findings in relation to the disease process.]
[Include responses to each of the Interview Questions:
· What is the age of the individual being interviewed? What is the relationship of the individual to you? How long have they had the disorder?
· What clinical manifestations of the disorder does the individual experience? How does it compare to what you discovered in your resources?
· What complications of the disorder does the individual experience? How does this compare to what you discovered in your resources?
· What other medical conditions/disorders has the individual been diagnosed with? Do their other medical conditions have any effect on the chosen disorder?
· How does the disease affect the individual’s daily living/activities? (repeat hospitalizations, has to take a lot of meds, any activity restrictions, a lot of appointments?)
· How does the disease/disorder affect the individual’s outlook on life? (Feel like a burden to family, do they have good family support, feel hopeless, optimistic, good coping mechanisms?)
· What did you learn from interviewing the individual?]
[Include your references here using hanging indent and double line spacing. List references alphabetically based on first letter of first word of each reference. See your
APA Manual and the resources in the APA section of Resources for reference formatting. All references listed should be cited in the paper, including the Interviewee.
*Per the assignment guidelines, you will have at least 2 scholarly, primary sources from the last 5 years. The textbook can be used, but it does not count toward the 2 resources. The Interviewee does not count as a scholarly source.