Based on the readings in Weeks 1–3, complete the following:
- Analyze the roles and responsibilities of counselors and key responders in crisis prevention, intervention, trauma-informed care, and crisis management.
- Discuss how counselors serve as members of interdisciplinary teams that respond to crisis events.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the specific roles and responsibilities a counselor fulfills in crisis intervention, trauma response, and community outreach.
- Discuss the role of cultural competence when working with crisis and trauma.
- Describe the distinct roles and responsibilities of key responders from a mental health agency or school-based crisis response team. Include a minimum of two internal roles (such as administrators or teachers) and two external roles (such as police or crisis counselors) in crisis response.
- Analyze how a counselor collaborates with stakeholders in crisis prevention, intervention, trauma-informed care, and crisis management planning.