Unit 4 Problems
Applications using Factoring:
Set up an algebraic equation and then solve the following problems.
1. An integer is 3 less than 5 times another. If the product of the two integers is 36, then find the integers.
2. The width of a rectangle is 5 units less than the length. If the area is 150 square units, then find the dimensions of the rectangle.
3. The length of a rectangle is 4 inches more than its width. The area of the rectangle is equal to 5 inches more than 2 times the perimeter. Find the length and width of the rectangle.
4. The height of a projectile launched upward at a speed of 32 feet/second from a height of 128 feet is given by the function . How long will it take the projectile to hit the ground?
5. The height of an object dropped from the top of a 144-foot building is given by . How long will it take the object to hit the ground?