Human services practitioners strive to improve the lives of thousands of individuals every day. The support can be in the creation of programs, improving access to programs, and advocating for changes or support for an individual or groups of individuals.
In this assignment, you serve as a human services practitioner at a community reentry center. You will write an advocacy letter to request a change in a program in your state in an effort to improve the diversity and equity of your state’s programs and services. You are writing the letter to a congressperson in your state.
Specifically, you should do the following in your 900 -word writings:
- Describe 3 advocacy strategies that they will apply in your letter.
- Justify your selection of advocacy strategies.
- Create an advocacy letter that supports changing some aspect of a program in your state to make it more diverse or equitable.
- Explain the current concern or issue related to diversity or equity of the program (for example, assess if there were exclusions from programs in the past).
- Discuss and justify the change you would like to see.
- Apply the identified 3 advocacy strategies.
Cite 2 resources using APA format.