DROP 1 (PAGE 105)
Read the Case Study 4-2, Trash and Waste Pick Up Services, Inc. Answer the following questions:
· What are the positive and negative aspects of Andersen’s use of the GPS-based system to monitor his drivers and salespeople?
· What advice do you have for Andersen about the use of the system for supervising, evaluating, and compensating his drivers and salespeople?
· As more and more companies turn to IS to help them monitor their employees, what do you anticipate the impact will be on employee privacy? Can anything be done to ensure employee privacy?
DROP 2 (PAGE 130)
Read the Case Study 5-2, Santa Cruz Bicycles. Answer the following questions:
· What, in your opinion, was the key factor in Santa Cruz Bicycles’ successful process redesign? Why was that a key factor?
· What outside factors had to come together for Santa Cruz Bicycles to be able to make the changes they did?
· Why is this story more about change management than software implementation?
Your answers are expected to be in meaningful paragraphs composed of well-formatted sentences with appropriate flow. Bulleted or numbered lists will not be accepted. Be sure to restate the question in your answers to make sure you cover all of the material requested. Make sure you complete the student feedback section as well.