This week, you will use your readings from the past two weeks as a point of departure to create your own artistic production and a reflection paper.
Part 1: Art Creation
Please use the picture below for this assignment
As a point of inspiration, create a painting, sculpture, drawing, or work of architecture inspired by your selected art piece.
Part 2: Reflection
Write a reflection about the relationship between your art production and the inspiration piece. Include the following in the reflection paper:
· Inspiration Piece
· Include image.
· Record the title, artist, year, and place of origin.
· Briefly explain the background of the inspiration piece.
· Your Art Piece
· Include image.
· Provide a title.
· Explain the background of your piece.
· Explain the thematic connection between the two pieces.
· How are they similar and different?
· Are they the same medium? How does the medium impact what the viewer experiences?
· How do the formal elements of design compare to one another?
Original Artwork Requirements
· Methods: paint, watercolor, pencil, crayon, marker, collage, clay, metal, or wood
· No computer-generated pieces
· Your assignment is not graded on your skill or ability as an artist.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, references page, or image of artwork)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source)
Michelangelo, Creation of Adam, detail. Circa 1508–1512. Fresco. Michelangelo’s world-famous frescoes in the Sistine Chapel have been cleaned to reveal intense, brilliant colors. This detail from the ceiling reveals the long-lasting nature of fresco painting. The period 1508–1512 marks the High Renaissance in Italy.