Write a 4–5 page evidence-based proposal to support the need for a nurse informaticist in an organization who would focus on improving health care outcomes.
The chief nursing officer (CNO) and human resources (HR) manager have asked you to include the headings below in your
proposal and to be sure to address the bullets following each heading. Remember that you will emphasize the focus of the new nurse informaticist position as described in the
Assessment 01 Supplement: Nursing Informatics in Health Care [PDF]
Download Assessment 01 Supplement: Nursing Informatics in Health Care [PDF]resource.
For this assessment, you will write a 4–5 page evidence-based proposal to support the need for a nurse informaticist in an organization who would focus on improving health care outcomes.Before you complete the detailed instructions in the courseroom, first review the focus of the new nurse informaticist position you will propose by examining the description below. You will write your evidence-based proposal to support the need for a new nurse informaticist who would
focus on enhancing patient education through digital platforms.
• Enhancing Patient Education through Digital Platforms:
o Background: Patient education is crucial for improving adherence to treatment
plans and promoting self-management of chronic conditions.
o Benefits: Digital platforms, such as patient portals and mobile apps, can provide
patients with easy access to accurate and reliable educational materials, leading
to better understanding and management of their health. This meets many
patients where they are and provides opportunities to provide personalized
education tailored to a patient’s specific conditions and needs. Such tools often
take the forms of interactive multimedia that can also improve patient
Nursing Informatics and the Nurse Informaticist
· What is nursing informatics?
· What is the role of the nurse informaticist?
Nurse Informaticists and Other Health Care Organizations
· What is the experience of other health care organizations with nurse informaticists?
· How do these nurse informaticists interact with the rest of the nursing staff and the interdisciplinary team?
Impact of Full Nurse Engagement in Health Care Technology
· How does fully engaging nurses in health care technology impact:
· Patient care?
· Protected health information (security, privacy, and confidentiality)?
· In this section, you will explain evidence-based strategies that the nurse informaticist and interdisciplinary team can use to effectively manage patients’ protected health information, particularly privacy, security, and confidentiality. Evidence-based means that they are supported by evidence from scholarly sources.
· Costs and return on investment?
Opportunities and Challenges
· What are the opportunities and challenges for nurses and the interdisciplinary team with the addition of a nurse informaticist role?
· How can the
interdisciplinary team collaborate to improve quality care outcomes through technology?
Summary of Recommendations
· What are 3–4 key takeaways from your
proposal about the recommended nurse informaticist role that you want the CNO and the HR manager to remember?
· This is the section where the justification for the implementation of the nursing informaticist role is addressed. Remember to include
· evidence from the literature to support your recommendation.
Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
Submission length: 4–5 double-spaced pages, in addition to title and references pages.
Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Citations and References: Cite a
minimum of three current scholarly and/or authoritative sources to support your ideas. In addition, cite a
minimum of one current professional blog or website to support your central ideas.
Current means no more than five years old.
APA formatting: Be sure to follow APA formatting and style guidelines for citations and references. For an APA refresher, consult the
Evidence and APA
page on Campus.